Every housewife sooner or later faces the question: how to wash a glossy kitchen set without streaks at home using folk remedies? Shining glossy surfaces turn the kitchen into a real decoration of the home, but they also require special care. Grease stains and stains on them are especially visible, and the usual cleaning approach will not work here. In this article, we will look at the best ways to maintain the beautiful appearance of your kitchen, using materials and tools available in every home.
Preparing to clean a glossy kitchen set
The main question that concerns owners of kitchens with glossy facades – how to wash a glossy kitchen set without streaks at home, so as not to damage it? You should start with proper preparation: you will need soft rags or napkins, microfiber, soft sponges and mild detergents. Glossy surfaces are very sensitive to any scratches, so we choose only tools and products that cannot damage them.
1. Required materials and tools
- Soft rags or lint-free wipes
- Non-scratch sponge
- Microfiber cloth for polishing
- Gentle detergents without abrasives
2. Tips for preliminary surface preparation
- Clean the surface from dust with a dry cloth.
- Walk over the surface with a soapy solution to prepare the grease for further removal.
- Do not allow strong friction to avoid scratches.
Home remedies for removing grease
To answer the question, how to clean a glossy kitchen without streaks from grease to shine at home, consider folk remedies that have been tested by time and many housewives.
Soda and vinegar
Soda and vinegar, when combined, form a reaction that effectively disperses greasy stains. This method not only cleans the surface, but also makes it less susceptible to contamination in the future. Use the following method:
- Mix sodium bicarbonate with a little water to create a paste.
- Apply to dirty areas, leave for a while, then rub lightly and rinse.
For those who are looking for a way to clean glossy kitchen facades from grease without streaks at home, citric acid will be an excellent option. It is safe for gloss and effective in combating grease.
- Dilute citric acid in water in a proportion convenient for you, depending on the degree of contamination.
- Wipe the surfaces, not forgetting to rinse off the composition with clean water and wipe dry.
Sometimes the simplest solution is to use a soap solution, especially if the contamination is not too old and inveterate. The advantage of a soap solution is its availability and safety for glossy surfaces. Follow these steps to achieve maximum results:
- Mix warm water with a small amount of liquid detergent, choose products without harsh chemicals.
- Dip a soft cloth in the solution, wring out well it and gently wipe the surface.
- Rinse the treated areas and wipe dry to avoid streaks.
Streak-free cleaning techniques
To ensure glossy surfaces If your kitchen looks impeccable, you need to know not only what to clean with, but also how to do it correctly. The general principle of cleaning gloss is to minimize friction and mechanical impact in order to avoid micro-scratches, which give the surface a dull appearance and contribute to the appearance of new contaminants.
- Always start by removing dust with a dry cloth or napkin so that you don’t create a mess when you follow up with wet cleaning.
- Use suitable home remedies for grease dissolving and apply with a soft sponge or rag .
- Distribute the detergent evenly over the entire surface, let it work, then rinse gently.
- Do not allow the detergent to dry out on a glossy surface, as this can lead to stains.
- After cleaning, be sure to polish with a dry microfiber cloth to add shine to the surface.
Polishing after cleaning
- Once the glossy surface has been cleaned and dried, it is important to give it a shine.
- Use microfiber or special cloths for polishing that do not leave lint or streaks.
- Circular movements will help to evenly distribute remaining moisture and prevent streaks.
- If necessary, you can use specialized polishes suitable for glossy surfaces.
- Polishing should be carried out with extreme care so that the surface remains smooth and shiny.
Preventing contamination and caring for glossy furniture
Proper daily care of a glossy kitchen will significantly reduce the need for deep cleaning and help maintain its original appearance . There are several important rules that will help keep the gloss in excellent condition.
Recommendations for daily care
- Wipe surfaces after each time you prepare food, using soft, damp wipes.
- Avoid grease buildup by regularly using light cleaning products.
- Avoid acids and chemicals on glossy surfaces, as they can damage them .
- Try not to use hard brushes and abrasives, even when heavily soiled.
Tips for preventing the appearance of grease
- Cook with a minimum amount of splashes, if necessary, use special mesh lids on pans.
- Clean and maintain the hood regularly, as it collects most of the fat during cooking .
- Consider using protective coatings that repel dirt and liquids.
Careful approach and The right choice of products will allow you to achieve ideal cleanliness of glossy surfaces without streaks or damage. Regular and careful maintenance ensures that your kitchen will delight you with its shine and cleanliness for many years. Don’t forget about the precautions and care tips that will help keep your kitchen unit looking immaculate.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: How to deal with old grease stains in a glossy kitchen?
Answer: For old stains, use a paste of baking soda and water, apply to the stain, leave for 15-20 minutes, then gently rub and rinse.
Question:Can ammonia be used to clean glossy surfaces?
Answer: Ammonia is effective, but its use requires caution. Be sure to dilute it with water and rinse the surface thoroughly after use.
Question: How to prevent scratches when cleaning gloss?
Answer: Use soft cloths or wipes and non-abrasive cleaning products, and do not apply strong pressure when cleaning.
Question: How often should you deep clean a glossy kitchen unit?
Answer: It is advisable to carry out deep cleaning at least once a month, but with regular maintenance care you can do it less often.
Question: Are there special products for polishing glossy surfaces?
Answer: Yes, there are specialized polishes for glossy surfaces that prevent streaks and add extra shine.